Monday 16 September 2013

Father Christmas cdrom


Hello everyone..here is one of my cards from the Father Christmas cdrom from Crafters Companion. This cdrom is available to buy from jb-crafting supplies. It is a fantastic cd with fabulous images. I found it so hard to know which one to pick, so I thought that I would try to do something a little different for my first card. On the cd in the toppers section is a sheet of small circle images. Now these are great to use on the back of cards as an extra embellishment, on envelopes as a seal or even on the inside as a decoration on your insert. I loved the little images so much, I decided to use them as the focal point on a card.
On the card I've used:
Spellbinders Beaded Circles and Fleur De Lis accents dies
Sizzix Scalloped circles
Marianne Designs 'Frame and Swirls'...just one of the swirls
Crafts-too 'Entwined'
Images and backing paper from the cdrom
Jewels, ribbons,peeloffs and greeting from my stash.
Holographic Card.

Even though I have used these certain dies..you could use any of a similar shape.

The circle images were cut out using the scalloped circle and then matted onto the bauble shape. The backing paper was matted onto a piece of matching holographic. The swirls and the entwined die cuts were joined together to form a banner at the top. Then I used peeloffs to look like the bauble strings.

I enjoyed doing it so much, I made another card using the same technique but changed the colourways.



I hope that you all like the cards and that you will give it a go. The other ladies on the design team are all producing beautiful cards and we all love to share our ideas with you. So until the next time..take care and happy crafting....Genny




No comments:

Post a Comment