Sunday 18 May 2014

DT post


Hi everyone! Well what a lovely weekend - for a change. Hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather!
For this weeks project I decided to try something a bit different.
I cut out some lining material, measuring the size of the image first, to make sure I had enough  material to make a little bag.
I stamped the IndigoBlu image onto the lining material using rusty hinge distress ink. I ironed it to make it colour fast.
Out came my trusty sewing mahine. I picked out some dark brown thread, picked a design and sewed around the image to make a frame.
I then turned each end over, making sure to leave enough room to thread some lace through for a tie.
Sewed up each side, threaded lace through to tie up the bag.
This could be used as a lavender bag, a bag to keep jewellery in - whatever you like really.
Hope you like it - thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

1 comment: