Wednesday 28 October 2015

Design team make...Christmas Cards


Hello everyone...Genny here. Today I'm sharing two Christmas cards made using the Hobby Art 'Scenic Stamps'. I just love this range of stamps and have used them so much. Everytime I use them, I come up with a different scene..which I suppose is the aim of them..lol.but I so enjoy using them. To make both these cards I have only used 1 distress ink. To begin I cut an oval, stamped the scene, using my distress ink and then coloured using the ink pad. To do this I pressed the ink pad onto my glass cutting mat and added some water using a paintbrush and coloured where I thought it needed it. I then inked the edge of the oval using a blending tool..still using the same inkpad. I also created a larger oval mat, coloured with my blending tool. I also added some glitter to the scenic oval. I finally fixed both ovals to a 6x6 card, to which I had covered with a blue based background paper from my stash. The card below was made exactly the same way...I just created a different scene.



Unfortunately you can't see the glitter as well on the second..but in real life it's as if the sheep are standing in the snow on a frosty morning. Something I see alot here in the winter months in the mountains. For my own Christmas cards I will be doing a number of these. It is so much fun creating the scenes and if you create one that you really love..it is easier enough to recreate it.

If you need anything crafting wise..just ask Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. As I always tell everyone..she is an Aladdins cave of wonderful crafting goodies. It's well worth a look. So until next time..I hope the weather is being kind to you all and that you have begun making your Christmas cards...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment