Saturday 4 January 2014

Stampendous Stamps

Good morning crafters! and Happy New Year to you all! Today see's a new DT post with some brand new goodies from Julie.
This month I have recieved some GORGEOUS papers
oooooh I didnt know which ones to play with first!! Some Graphic 45- Old Curiosity Shoppe Collection (OMG sooooooo Lovely!) some Tim Holtz Distress Collection, Coodinations card stock, and also a few papers from Aged & Confused Sublime Collection and finally BasicGrey. All of them beeeeeautiful! Then also a lovely stamp from Stampendous
So my little stash was crying out for a distressed card I thought, and with such gorgeous papers it was so hard to choose! But I decided to go with some from the Graphic 45 collection- ( My Favourite!)
.....and here you are...

I chose a background paper distressed the edges and inked with Tim Holtz walnut stain and glued into place, I then chose THE most gorgeous butterfly paper that again I distressed, inked and curled the edges to and attached to the top left of my card. I stamped my image using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain and then coloured in by putting a big splodge of the same ink onto my glass mat and coloured in with a simple paint brush and water.....seemed fitting really painting paint brushes lol. I printed a sentiment I thought would suit my image onto a piece of coordinations cardstock, and followed suit by inking and distressing, I curled the sentiment at both ends and attached into place, then finished off with a small gold cherub.. this is actually a button I snipped the hoop off the back and glued with cosmic shimmer,
and there we have it...an "Arty" distressed card.
All products used are available from JB-Crafting Supplies both online and instore right now
so...happy crafting...untill next week!
Nicole
xxx

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing make! Love love love those papers and the pretty stamp. The colour combinations with the dark ages look is brilliant and the additional touches of the paper curling etc really finishes the look perfectly. LOVE it!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Nicole! I love it. Thank you Julie x

    ReplyDelete