Sunday 9 March 2014

2nd DT post using Stampendous Stamps




I decided to make a card this week for my DT piece using Stampendous Stamps - Steampunk Shoes.
I stamped the heels onto super smooth card & coloured using Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer watercolours. I love the shimmer of these watercolours but this does not come out on the photo - makes the shoes seem metallic. Cut out the image.
Took some brown card & made a square card.
Ran some kraft card through my Grand Calibur using a Die'Sire Embossalicious folder - a stitch in time. Cut this down using part of a Marianne Creatables die - Anja's Square. Coloured this using crushed olive & frayed burlap on the edges. I liked how this brought out the watches.
I die cut some more craft card using a Marianne Design Creatables die - oval frame and coloured & distressed with olive green & frayed burlap distress inks.
Die cut a sentiment using Tonic's everyday sentiments set 2 & coloured using the olive green distress ink.
Stuck the square onto the brown card - decided to use it as a diamond. Stuck the oval in the centre & the shoes in the centre of the oval, leaving the edges to give a bit of dimension.
Die cut some kraft card using Tonic's Antique Frame Tag Die, did two of these & cut them in half. Coloured using the olive green & frayed burlap. Stuck 2 of the pieces at each side of the oval & the others at the bottom corners. Cut the sentiment so I could put some in each top corner.
Found some brads in my stash - eyelet & outlet brads, watch parts. Placed one at top & bottom of oval.
I stamped the 'click your heels!!' sentiment onto some kraft card but decided it did not stand out enough so stamped it onto some white super smooth, cut out using a Spellbinder Medallion 2 die. Edged with olive green distress ink & adhered this to the bottom right using foam pads for a bit of height.





No comments:

Post a Comment