Wednesday 26 March 2014

Pop up box card and a lot of fussy cutting! (DT post)

Hi y'all!

If you have been following the blog (or me in general) you might remember that at the beginning of the month I received a lovely stamp by stampendous called Film Elements which I had a rather difficult time working with. Again, I say this was because I am much better at taking multiple stamps and putting them together rather than have a stamp that is already a collage. So what did I do? I cut them apart!

While they were very small stamps images individually, the lines were not too fussy and it was easy enough to do. These pop up box cards have been making the rounds lately and I thought now would be a great time to try one! I wont add instructions on how to make one here because I winged it but if you do a google search for 'Pop up box card' you will find many tutorials.

I used black card stock for my base, and white card stock for the panels. I used my dylusions to spray the top panels randomly, and then stamped and embossed with white a harlequin pattern. I stamped the same patter on the bottom white panels in black and white to tie them together. When making these boxes you want to separate and pop out your elements so instead of just using a plain piece of acetate, I stamped and embossed a flourish which I then cut out and glued into place. This gave me a space to place certain elements in the background while still looking like it all belonged together. From there I just stuck all the rest of my elements down fairly similar to the way they originally came on the stamp. A few of the pieces I stuck to acetate and a few I stuck straight into the card. As you can see on the left, the card just folds flat, ready for an envelope. When flat I do feel that it is missing something such as a sentiment but I have yet to figure out what I will place there. Suggestions always welcome!!

Im very happy with the final result and I hope you agree. I do think I will be making a few more of these fun box cards in the future!

 
Happy crafting to you all!
 
Sam.



No comments:

Post a Comment