Sunday 30 March 2014

Final DT piece with Stampendous Stamps





Today was my final piece with the Stampendous Steam Punk Shoes stamps. I fancied doing a canvas, but wasn't sure how it would turn out.
I covered the canvas with gesso & stuck some spotty tissue to it. I spritzed some Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Bronze Blush onto the canvas waited for it to dry then spritzed it with some Adirondak Colour Wash in Cranberry.
While this was drying I found various small pieces of 'steam punky' type papers, ripped the edges & edged with frayed burlap distress ink.
I stamped 2 of the images, one onto tissue & one onto a piece of the paper.
Inked through a cog stencil onto the canvas using lamp black acrylic paint mixed with a texturising medium to give a bit of texture & dimension.
Arranged the paper pieces & stuck onto the canvas.
Brushed some mica powder over the cogs, (think you can just see the shimmer on the close up photo.) found some charms & attached using brads.
Inked around the edges of the canvas with frayed burlap distress ink.





No comments:

Post a Comment