Wednesday 2 April 2014

Easter 'bunny'! (Dt post)

We have come to that time of year when the birds start chirping, the sun starts to make his appearance and a certain special bunny comes bearing colourful eggs! This used to be one of my favourite holidays growing up because my mom always made a special effort, and the Easter Bunny ALWAYS came around my house. I would wake up and make my way downstairs eyeballing every nook and cranny in my house just so I could get a good head start on the egg hunting (shh, don't tell my brother ;) ) When I got downstairs there was always the most wonderfully full Easter basket waiting for me! We weren't allowed to open them until everyone was awake but obviously, as it was covered in clear cellophane, I would just have to take a sneaky peak inside. I used to get marshmallow peeps (these are American but they are AMAZING) and there was always a few toys in there and more sweets. Then, of course, the basket served well to collect the eggs in. One of my favourite traditions was also a special gift left by my Mummum (my grandmother) called 'The Money Bunny'. This was always some sort of bunny, either a plastic toy, a stuffed animal or a bunny shaped bank that contained money for us. I believe every year it was around $25 each, though this amount may have been smaller and just increased over the years. It was a very exciting day for us and I hope to pass on this tradition to my kids as well.

As we are mostly now too old for the easter bunny to visit our homes, sometimes we take easter in a more 'adult' manner, such as the lovely pin up girl in this weeks card provided again by the lovely Adele Bradwell.

I started by printing out my pin up 'bunny' and colouring her in with my distress markers and a water brush. I went with soft colours for easter and I tried to give her outfit a look of velvet with the purple and the pink together. I wanted to leave some white bits but I didn't want it to look unfinished so I used antique linen and tumbled glass on the white areas. I thought about doing her as a blonde but I thought I would give her a little fun-ness and make her hair a light blue. I changed the colour of the sentiment to a light blue to match her hair and printed that out and fussy cut both images.

I mounted them onto my card base which I cut a panel and dry embossed then inked over with distress inks, another die cut which was given to me in a swap, covered in crystal stickles and lined with pearl strands.
It was a quick card for me as I wasn't feeling my best with the seasonal allergies rolling in but I hope it gave you some inspiration for a fun, yet quick, adult card for easter! Keep on crafting!
 
Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment