Wednesday 16 April 2014

Kraft colouring for Easter!


Good morning all!
 
I am running around as usual this morning as it is now day 8 of school holidays (not including weekends). Is it only me or do children act out more when they do something special? I have taken my kids out to the park to let off some pent up energy but they have only come back even more rambunctious than usual! I guess its the nature of holidays for the kids to be excited right?
 
 
We are back to our easter digi, and doing what I love best, watercolouring! The difference is that this time I decided I wanted to go for a darker, more vintage look so I pulled out my kraft cardstock and printed her on there. I used my distress inks in various mixes of water to achieve shading and then for the white I pulled out my picket fence distress stain. I had to make several passes on the white areas as it soaked in quite quickly but it wasn't so bad as the tail and ears would be 'fluffy' so the differences in the white helped me here. White it wasn't as easy for the stockings, I did manage to paint in a vertical motion so that when it dried it would give more of the illusion of see-through stockings. The distress colours I used for the rest of the image were tattered rose, walnut stain, gathered twigs, weathered wood, peacock feathers, shaded lilac and worn lipstick.
After I had finished colouring her in, I fussy cut her out leaving a small border around the edge. Originally I was going to place her on a kraft card but she just disappeared into the background. So I dry embossed the card, and then ran my picket fence distress stain over the raised areas. Once this had dried a little I also used walnut stain and my blending tool over the surface and the edges and adhered this to a 5 x 7" white card. I had a die cut piece (I believe it is called top note) which I glued to the kraft and then used foam adhesive to place my easter girl onto that. I tried writing out happy easter but in the end messed up so I cut a banner from walnut stain cardstock and a piece of kraft and used that to cover my mistake. I then very carefully rewrote Happy Easter on the banner in white.
 
I believe this will be my last post to you before easter so I wish you all a wonderful day! I hope the easter bunny brings you lots of goodies! Now Im off to do some egg painting myself!
 
 
Happy Crafting!
Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment