Wednesday 8 April 2015

Design team makes using a Stampendous stamp



Hello everyone...Genny here. I hope that you all had a fabulous Easter. For my design team makes this week I have been lucky enough to work with this fantastic stamp from Stampendous stamps. The whole stamp is the car with the petrol pump. For this weeks cards I have decided to show you the stamp used in two different ways. In the first card above, I have used the stamp as an embellishment to the main picture. The picture is from a Joanna Sheens cdrom and the stamp was perfect to use. I stamped the image with my memento ink pad and coloured it with my promarkers. I then cut it out and added it to the card. I have also added some twine that I have knotted. The reason I did this was many years ago the family owned a petrol station that I used to work at and to close the station off when it wasn't open...we used to put up the ropes across the entrance. It really was back in the day because I can remember serving petrol and it was only 25p a gallon. It seems unbelievable now that it was ever so cheap..lol.

For the second card I have used the stamped image as the focal point of the card.I have stamped the image, cut off the petrol pump and coloured the image again with my promarkers. I have mounted the image onto an oval diecut, which I cut from copper mirri. I have also mounted the backing paper onto some of the same.



Next week I will be working with the same stamp but in a very different way. It is always worth looking at a stamp and trying to image the different ways in which you can use it...giving you more value for your money. So until next time...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment