Monday 13 April 2015

Design team makes using Stampendous Stamps


Hello everyone...Genny here. For today's cards I have been using two fabulous stamps from the Stampendous stamps range. One is the car 'cling toy car' which I used last week and another called 'Luggage Labels'. For this week I decided to make two collage type cards and to use sepia coloured ink. The ink that I used was a distress ink called vintage photo. It is a very handy colour if you want to do a sepia coloured image. I stamped the images with the ink and then stamped some more of the ink onto a glass mat, watering it down and then used that to colour the images as well.On the first card I stamped and embossed the quote using black ink and black embossing powder and then coloured it with the watered down ink.I used an old map as a background paper and mounted that onto some black card. I mounted the luggage stamp onto the same black card. I cut a black circle and then mounted the car onto it. I embellished with some gold ribbon and some gold card candi.

For the second card I mounted an old map onto some blue  and then black card. I mounted all the other images onto the same. I used the luggage stamp and the car stamp coloured again with the distress ink. I then added two other images..one of an old train and one of an old farm building. I put all these together thinking of the gentleman that this card is for, You could change the images depending on what the recipient likes. I added a bow and some orange card candi. I love making this type of card because you can personalise it as much as you like. You are able to bring in lots of random images that you wouldn't normally put together but which can help you personalise the card and make it all the more special for the person it's intended for.



Wherever you are I hope that the weather is being kind to you.We are back to normal here in the mountains with wind, rain and mist. But I always think heyho..it's perfect crafting weather. So until next time...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment