Tuesday 24 May 2016

Design team makes......Just a piece of paper.

 Hello everyone...Genny here. For today's design team makes, I have been playing. I began by getting my inks out and like I said had a play. I messed about mixing different colours on a piece of paper and blending them. On some, I worked on glossy card and some on ordinary paper. My thought process was what could I make just using inks and paper and a few stamps.

For the card above, I used different shades of green...actually doing a whole piece of A4..then added a little brown. I didn't concentrate on what was happening on the paper as a whole, just on getting a nice mix of colours. Then I cut out a panel and mounted it onto some black card. This I matted onto some brown card onto which I had layered some cream card. I then stamped some butterflies and coloured them with my promarkers. I finally added some jewels at the top and bottom corners.

For the card below..I really did have a play. I used my distress ink in a pink shade and inked onto some bubble wrap. I then used this as a stamp onto some cream card. I then used my blending brush to add some more pink on the edges. This I mounted onto some cream card, which itself had been layered onto some pink. I then stamped a butterfly again but this time coloured it with pastel colours, again using my promarkers. I then added a shower of tiny flowers. In my mind the butterfly is leaving a trail of flowers..lol


For my next card, I began by screwing up a piece of paper and then again coloured it using my distress inks in shades of green. I then added some gold mica powder whilst it was still damp. It doesn't show that well in the photo but there is a gold shimmer in real life. I then cut a square out and stamped the silhouette onto it. I then mounted it onto some black card.

For my final card..I began with a piece of glossy card to which I added my inks to. I also sprayed some silver ink over the top. I then cut out the inch squares using a punch..which I admit to having for about 10 years but had never used..lol. I stamped over the square using a corner stamp which I kept moving round, so it covered the square. I mounted these squares onto black again, as it does seem to make it all stand out. These squares I added to the card and added a greeting.



I hope that you like all my playing. That is what it is all about. I would encourage you to take an afternoon and have a play of your own. Take some paper and your inks and just play. Don't think about the end result..just get mixing your colours. Screwing up your paper and then flattening it  before inking gives a lovely effect. Add some metallic sprays or some mica powders. The fun is extended when you sit back and look at what you've created and pick out what areas you want to use for your card. As it stands now, I still have the rest of 4 A4 papers to use in the future.

Anything that you need or want for your crafting is available from Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. As I always say, she does have an Aladdin's cave of crafting goodies. I must also apologise for not posting yesterday but thanks to BT I couldn't even get online..lol. Today everything is fine..thank goodness. So until next week..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment