Monday 16 May 2016

Design team makes...Stamp Board and Silhouettes


Hello everyone...Genny here. For this weeks design team makes, I decided to have a play and use silhouette stamps and some stamp board. For all my backgrounds I have used a glossy card and have created them using my dusting brushes and my distress inks. One thing that I hope comes across is the variety of backgrounds that you can make just by changing the colours that you use. For the card above, I created the background, let it dry and then stamped the silhouette using my versafine inkpad. I also stamped onto some acetate using my stazon inkpad..a butterfly..which I coloured with my promarkers and then cut out. I finally added it to the card.

For the card below..I created a background and then stamped the scene onto it. I then mounted it onto black and white to highlight the image.



The three cards below are using exactly the same images and sentiment but all have different colour backgrounds. I did this just to show you how the colours make each card different and suitable for different projects. I think the plain black and white image would make a very dramatic card.




And while I as having a play, I came across some stampboard in my stash. A few years ago, stampboard was everywhere and then all of a sudden seemed to disappear. Well now it is back and seems to be a lot cheaper than it used be. I had forgotten just how much I loved working with it. One of the things that I adore about stampboard is the clean definition that it gives to whatever stamp you decide to use.



For my first make, I created a keyring. I stamped the sentiment on it and doodles around it. I then wired some beads to it. It takes the ink really well..using the pen, I thought to myself that I could zentangle onto it..watch this space..I will share it with you next week. I am also in progress of making a bracelet..it is drying at the moment. So that will come next week as well.

The tiny door hanger below was made using stampboard. I first coloured the stampboard with my distress inks and then stamped the words onto it. I then created a little hanger and joined the pieces using some beads and wire, What I did discover that my cropodile makes the holes in the stamp board really easily.



This final piece is a work in progress. I stamped onto the stampboard using my memento inkpad and then simply coloured it in with my promarkers. I have yet to decide what I'm going to turn this into.



One thing that I have been asked about a lot is what inkpad to use when using different mediums...so I thought that I would jot a few down for you all.

Memento Ink pads.....I use this for any alcohol pen work..promarkers, copics,spectrum noirs etc.
Versafine Inkpads...I use this for any image I wanted to watercolour or use any waterbased colours with.
Staz on Inkpads...I use this for glass, acetate and any other non porous projects

Versa mark Inkpads...I use this for any projects that I want to use embossing powders on. Also there is the Perfect Medium inkpad that you can use for embossing.

I hope that, that helps you a bit. As always should you have any questions about any project that I've made..please don't hesitate..just ask and I will be more than happy to help. Any thing you need for your crafting..just ask Julie here at JB-Crafting supplies.

The weather here in the mountains is beautiful...I hope that the sun is shining for you wherever you are. So until next week...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment