Sunday 9 February 2014

My first DT project


Hi I'm Bev & this is my first project for J B Crafting Supplies.
I was given a lovely image, some nautical striped background paper & a sentiment, all sent to me digitally.
I am not used to digi images and decided I might try to use them in Craft Artist, which is a digital crafting programme. But first I had to colour the image so I imported it into the paint programme on pc & coloured it there.
I imported the coloured image, backing paper & sentiment into craft artist & set to work.
I used an A5 page, put on a pale blue background, put on the striped backing sheet, resized it to leave a border of pale blue, then I chose a swatch of material, coloured it to match the pale blue background and resized it & roughened the edges. Made this swatch stand out by putting a dropped shadow around it.
I placed the image onto the swatch, resized it to fit, and put a dropped shadow around it to make it stand out. Found a sketchy sailboat image so placed that on too.


I wanted something to put the sentiment onto so searched my embellishments & found a gingham style heart, which I liked, so popped that on, moved it around until it looked right, then placed the sentiment onto it. Used a dropped shadow around the heart.


Found a bow to put on top of the anchor for the finishing touch.
I decided to place the printed out finished project onto a paper lunch bag to use as a gift bag - I think it looks ok, hope you like it.
Thanks to Julie for picking me as part of DT & Adele Bradwell at Jiggery Makery for the lovely digi images.





No comments:

Post a Comment