Monday 18 May 2015

Design team make using the Cherry Cupcake Paperpad


Hello everyone...Genny here. For today's design team makes I have been using the wonderful little paper pad from The Wild Rose Studio called The Cherry Cupcake . There are just so many beautiful patterned sheets in this collection. For today's card I would use 2 of the papers.On the first I used this green/blue paper. I decided to use one of my large stamps from my stash, stamped it and coloured it with my promarkers.I then made a trail of black pearls, leading from the black peel off greeting. To my mind, both the cards are very simple but there are many times when you just need a card..and quickly..lol

For the second card I asked a friend what sort of card he liked to buy. And he said that he liked to buy a 'happy' looking card. I then asked him which paper in the pad was the happiest...and he picked this paper with the little birds in the trees. So working on that..I thought that it may be nice to use a backing paper as the main focus for a change. I had a rummage in my stash and found the stamp with this poem on it. I have a feeling that it is based on an old irish prayer...I shall have to check it out. I added a feather and some jewels and I think that it would be great to use as a notelet or just a card to send to say hello and raise a smile.It's always surprising just how much a simple card can mean to people. I know when I've received a card out of the blue. for no other reason than they were thinking of me..it really can make my day.



I hope that you are all well and that the weather is being kind to you. Here in the Welsh mountains, it's raining but we are used to it..lol..it must be time for some sunshine I think. Next week I will be revisiting the fairy stamps again...there is just so many ways to use them. So until then...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment