Monday 22 June 2015

Design team makes featuring Brambly Hedge



Hello everyone...Genny here. For this weeks design team makes, I am working with the wonderful triple cdrom of Brambly Hedge. This cdrom has been brought to us crafters by Crafters Companion.There is nothing that I just don't love about this cd and find myself using it for lots of different occasions. It features the timeless artwork of Jill Barklem. I always loved the artwork of the Brambly Hedge books, purely for all the detail in every painting. When Henry was little we would spend hours just looking at the artwork and trying to spot all the little items in the picture.

The first card that I made uses the picture of the bedroom. Now who wouldn't want to sleep in that bed. The only embellishments that I have added are some diecut flowers which I coloured with my promarkers and added a gem to every centre. The gems are available to buy from Julie and are just so fabulous to use. They add so much sparkle.

The second card I thought would be a great card to make for friends who are avid home bakers...I love the idea of a large pantry. I die cut some kitchen items to carry on the cooking theme. I tend to cut my die cuts in white, then I can colour them to fit in with whatever colours I'm using. It is so much easier than trying to find a piece of card exactly the colour you need.

It is a fabulous cdrom, packed with the artwork,borders,toppers and doilies to name but a few. There are 3 discs, with discs 1 and 2 separated into spring and summer, autumn and winter. Disc 3 features 12 step by step projects and bonus papers. In the whole set there is an extraordinary amount of backing papers..just beautiful and suitable for use in all your crafting creations.

I hope that the weather is being kind to you and that you had a lovely weekend. I have so enjoyed working with this cd and hope that you will consider adding it to your collection. For anything you need...just ask Julie..as I've said she has an Aladdin's cave of crafting goodies. I know I always look to her as an amazing source of both crafting items and inspiration. So until next week..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment