Monday 29 February 2016

Design Team make.....Using your glitter Glues



Hello everyone..Genny here. I have so much to share with you over the next few weeks...some wonderful kits from Pinflair, some patchwork and some home decor makes..all available from Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. I feel so lucky with all the selection of wonderful things that I'm getting to work with. So please keep your eyes on the blog to see the makes that are coming up.

For today's card I have concentrated on using my glitter glue. I thought to myself the other day that I have a huge selection of glitter..both wet and dry..and I thought that I wasn't using it as much as I could in every day crafting. I began by stamping 5 flower heads out and coloured then all with just 3 promarkers..red, gold and bright orange. I then used 2 of my Stickles..yellow and marmalade and added them to the flower heads. It was surprising what a colour range you can get depending on which colour you added the glitter to. I let them dry and then cut out the flowerheads. I added some stalks and leaves. I mounted the flowers onto a piece of dark green card..so that the colours will pop. I mounted that piece of card onto another piece of card that I had painted with a metallic orange acrylic.I am now still playing with the flowers for some more makes..I've now got to thinking that this would be a good make in some other sets of colours..I'm thinking of doing some in purples and pinks..I will share them with you when I've finished them..just so you can see the difference that using other colours can make. In particular I'm thinking of doing the purples for a friends birthday, as they are her favourite colours.

For next weeks blog, I will share a pinflair kit, which is available to buy from Julie. My make from last week..the fairy hanging pocket is now in place and managing to keep my scarves safe from the kittens. The kit for that is also available from Julie..it would make a lovely gift for any young girl..or even any older girl who just love all thing pink...like me..lol

I hope that you all have a great week and get time to yourself to do some crafting. So until next week...take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment