Monday 8 February 2016

Design team make...Using your stash


Hello everyone..Genny here. I hope that you are all well and not suffering too much with this awful weather. Here in the mountains, the wind is raging and to me it's the perfect weather to stay indoors and craft. Ever since Christmas, I have been looking at my stash and trying to use items that I already have alongside new products. For my first card I have used a backing paper from a Christmas pad, a stamp (which has one of my favourite sayings on and some rubons that I must have had for at least 3 years. I used to hate rubons with a vengeance because I could never get them to work properly...but now technology has moved on and I have to say that these were a pleasure to use. For the card I matted and layered the saying onto some green and yellow card, used the rubons to make a frame and finally added a toning ribbon.

For the card below, I used this wonderful little pirate stamp by Nellie Snellen. All the background paper and card are from Christmas pads. I stamped the image with my memento inkpad and coloured it with my promarkers. I even added some gold cord from my Christmas stash, as it reminded me of the gold braid used on naval hats.I think that this would make a perfect card for a little boy...even some of my older friends who tell me that they always played as pirates when they were younger..lol



I shall be back next week with a different project for me. I am so looking forward to it..both making it and being able to share it with you all. So until then..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment