Monday 27 June 2016

Design Team Make.......First Christmas Card


Hello everyone...Genny here. I always think to myself that I know what I'm going to be doing the next week and by the time that I get to this point ..many times I have created something different. As most of you know, most of the craft channels have been featuring Christmas products..far too early in my world..but I can understand that lots of us have to begin early in the year. I generally don't begin until August and I have several hundred to make. But due to all this Christmas television I ended up thinking of Christmas ideas. And I arrived at this card.

I began by painting some blue skies..using watercolour paper and my Lyra watercolours. I left the bottom white and created blue skies above it. I did about 5 A4 pieces. On one of them I stamped 4 Christmas trees, using my distress ink..Forest Moss.The stamp itself is a Hobby Art stamp..but you could use any Christmas tree one that you already have. I then cuts the trees out in a rectangle..placing the tree slightly on the left. I then mounted this rectangle onto some black card. I also mounted one of the plain backgrounds onto another piece of black card. I then went over both layers with a white ink pen and added snow falling and some snow onto the tree. I finally added some glitter and a ribbon.

To my mind, this is the perfect card to batch make. You could make a huge pile of backgrounds really easily..yet the finished card is quite special.

So I'm not even going to mention what I might be doing next week..my ideas well may change...but until then..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment