Monday 23 March 2015

Design Team makes using Joanna Sheens Age of Elegance cdrom



Hello everyone...Genny here.  For my design team makes for this week, I am sharing 'The Age of Elegance' cdrom brought to us crafters by Joanna Sheen. This is a fantastic cdrom that really didn't get the attention that a lot of Joannas cds normally do. Yet it has to be one of my favourites. It features art work from many wonderful artists...Waterhouse, Rosetti, Mucha and many more. As well there is a fantastic selection of backing paper including William Morris designs. I just adore this cd, for two reasons, one I love these images and secondly because of the William Morris designs.

On the first card, I chose this well known Rosetti image and layered both the image and the backing paper onto some gold mirri. I also created a small border using the same. I coloured some diecut ivy leaves with my copics and added them to the border. I finally added some small sequin flowers.
For the card below, I mounted this Waterhouse image and backing paper onto some yellow/orange pearlescent card. I again created a border with the same. I mounted the greeting onto the middle of the border and then added some diecut leaves and some white flowers. I also coloured a swirl design die cut and added that to the corner of the image and added some more flowers to that, alongside a bow.

The backing paper on the card above is from the art deco collection on the cd. One thing that I would like to mention is the fact that I've found it a good idea to cut some of my diecuts in a plain white and colour them individually to match the image or backing paper. I tend to use either my copics or my promarkers to colour them with. I have found that it's a lot easier to do this sometimes rather than try to find a matching colour card to use to diecut. I admit that I also have a bit of a thing for the small sequin flowers, I have them in many colours and find that they sometimes add that little bit of twinkle that a card needs.

If you would like this cdrom,colouring pens or embellishments..please speak to Julie here at JB-Crafting Supplies. I hope that you are all enjoying your crafting projects, whatever they are. I know that Julie has done some fantastic sewing projects..which are driving me to use my sewing machine again. So until next time..take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment