Sunday 8 March 2015

DT post


Hi everyone - well it's been a beautiful day here. Lovely to see the sunshine & the lighter nights & mornings. Hope you are all well.
I am really into ATC's at the moment and am busy entering a few swaps. Have been lucky enough to receive ATC's from as far a way as New Zealand, South  Africa, USA & France. Also lots from around the UK. I love seeing other people's take on a theme.
One of the themes at the moment is to use inchies - ideal for the lovely Stampendous stamps that Julie sent me!
After measuring out my ATC ( 21/2" x 31/2") I picked out some papers from the Forever in Time paper pad,Elderberry, to use as a background. I matted & layered these onto the ATC.
Chose one of the images from the Stampendous Fantasy Tiles stamps & stamped using some lovely burgundy ink. Once this was dry I stamped onto it with some clear Versa Mark ink, then covered with thick embossing powder & heated with my heat gu. I repeated this 3 times to give  me a tile effect.
I went around the edge of the tile & ATC with some gold Rub 'n' Buff.
I stamped the sentiment out onto white card with the burgundy ink, cut out the words & going around the edges with the ink. On the word flowers I went over this with some Ranger Sepia Accents.
I arranged everything until I was satisfied with the arrangement, then attached the tile with glue dots & the words with foam pads.
After looking at all my received ATC's I decided it was time to make something to keep them in. I did make a larger holder but I did not have enough of the paper pad left to cover that one, so I have made a smaller one so I could show it on here.
Here is a pic, complete with little envelopes.


You need some card - I used cereal box card - 11" long  by 3"" wide.
Score at 2", 21/2", 61/2" & 7".
Here's a pic showing the measurements.


Now is the time to cover your holder using any papers & embellishments that you have as it is a lot easier now. I covered mine on the inside too, but you could paint it.
A little bit of hook & loop will keep the box closed.

Next for the little pockets that fit inside the holder.
You need some paper - I used sheets from the paper pad - 6" wide by 4" long.
The next stages are easier to show in pics rather than writing it out.

Once you have done this you will have envelopes to store your ATC's in & these will live in the holder.
Hope you have enjoyed this post & will make some ATC's & enter a few swaps.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev x

No comments:

Post a Comment