Sunday 1 March 2015

DT Post


Hi everyone Bev here with another DT make. Hope you have had a good week & weekend.
I have just discovered this new shaped card - tepee card, so thought I would have a go. I was surprised how easy it was & loved the finished result.
I started by picking which sheets I wanted to use from the Forever in Time paper pad - Elderberry, that Julie sent me.
To make the basic card you need 3 squares of card. The sheets from the paper pad measure 6", so I made the base squares 63/4" from cream card. These squares are creased diagonally, then glued together to make the tepee shape.
The patterned paper is also creased diagonally, but these are cut along the diagonal. These are used to decorate the card.

Here are a few pics to show the stages (sorry about the quality but it was really dull today).

The squares of cut card with the diagonal creases:


How to arrange the squares ready for gluing together:


The patterned paper cut on the diagonal ready for gluing onto the card:


The patterned paper glued onto the card:


Now the card is all ready to decorate - you can really go to town on this part, using all your bits of paper up. I made some flowers using the papers from the paper pad using a Marianne Creatables Die - English Rose.
The sentiments are die cut using Tonic dies - everyday sentiments.
I arranged the flowers & sentiments onto the card, added some bling around the bottom. A little Stickles glitter on my roses.
The last thing, to make the card stand properly, is to add some hook & loop at the point where the two sides overlap.
I can see me making this shape card for Christmas cards!
Here are a few more pics.
You can just see the tab of velcro above the roses on the left hand side of the card.


All finished:


I hope you have been inspired to try this shaped card - it looks really good when it's all decorated & stands really well. Also it folds flat for posting.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

No comments:

Post a Comment