Tuesday 3 March 2015

Design team makes..using a Joanna Sheen cdrom



Hello everyone..Genny here. For todays design team make I am using a Joanna Sheen cdrom called One Summers Day. This cd features the wonderful artwork of Barbara Mock, For this weeks make I have made three cards, all using the same image and backing paper. I thought that it would be a nice thing to share and hopefully encourage you to look at how many ways that you can use the same image but make different style cards. The only thing that is different is the way in which I have embellished each card. As you know, I collect cutting dies and always try to buy ones that will work with either my favourite styles of card or will work alongside the ones already in my collection. All the dies that I have used on these cards are from the Signature die range by Joanna Sheen. I like to also create borders that match with the image. On the second card I have created a border that has one strip of lace and the third card has a border with two strips of the same. I love to play around and see what I can come up with.Also I like to use different edging card..on the first card I've used gold mirri and the other two with purple. I try to look at the image and find either a matching card, a toning card or a mirri. When I first started cardmaking, I found this quite hard but the more you play, the easier it becomes. Now I have great fun seeing how many different cards I can make using the same image. This is only one image from this fabulous cd..there are so many it's hard to know which one to pick. I will share some more images from this cd tomorrow.
I love working with these images on a miserable day, dreaming of the warmer weather. It does seem to be be a long time coming. So until tomorrow...take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment