Thursday 28 August 2014

Design Team Makes



Good afternoon everyone...Genny here. My first make for the design team this week features an apron. When I was looking at the flowers and wondering what to make, I was reminded of a pinny that I had as a little girl....so I decided to make one. I reduced the size of the design to create a border and then cut it into an apron shape. i then repeated the shape in a darker blue card. I coloured the design with my copics and put both together. I went round the  whole design with a white pen to create a faux stitch effect. I then added some green ribbon. I cut some spoon shapes,coloured them with my cpoics and added them to the pocket.



My next creation came to me while I was sitting looking at a pile of the flowers that I had cut out. I decided to make a piece of art for the wall. I cut out two heart shapes and covered them with coloured flowers. A really simple thing but it looked good. It's going to hang on the stairs wall.

The picture below shows yet another of my handbag creations. I used yet another of my handbag templates...I didn't realise that I had so many..lol.I made it to match with the apron..using the dark blue and white daisies. I added a diecut butterfly, coloured to match the ribbon. This template makes this tiny handbag a gift bag as well..perfect  to put a small gift such as a bracelet in. When you look at the price of gift bags in the shops it makes so much sense to make your own. I'm sure that Julie here at JB CraftingSupplies will be able to source some templates or boards for you


Well I hope that you like this weeks selection of makes. I hope that you all had a fabulous bank holiday weekend. So until next time..take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment