Tuesday 23 September 2014

Christmas Lanterns..Design Team Makes



Good afternoon everyone...Genny here, with my first official christmas cards of the year. Bring out the glitter. Today I've picked a lantern stamps from the The Elite Collection 2008. I've always had a bit of a thing for lanterns. It could be that when I was little a set of our christmas lights were little lanterns. I thought they were magical and can remember sitting gazing at them for ages.It's strange how some things stop with you. On both cards I stamped the image using a memento inkpad and coloured the images using my copics.On the top card, I mounted the image onto a gold die cut topper. I embellished with some pine boughs,and a mirror board poinsettia. I then added a greeting and a bow. You can't tell from the photo but the card twinkles when the golds and reds catch the light.




The card above is the same idea but I changed the embellishment. On this card I used a diecut ivy flourish from my stash and added a tartan bow. This set of stamps is great value for money, there are lots of different traditional stamps and even the smaller stamps, such as this one is still enough to make a good focal point on a card



Finally I decided to make a couple of gift tags..one using the lantern again and one using a set of bells from the set. I cut a tag shape and added embellishments. I tied a piece of tartan ribbon to both. You could match the gift tags to the card..which would make a simple present look co-ordinated. I hope you like the cards and tags. Julie has a wonderful variety of christmas embellishments in the shop..they are always worth a look. I'm so bad I have to have a whole set of drawers just dedicated to my christmas items..lol
Tomorrow I will be sharing another card from my design team makes...but it's not christmas. It's a pretty card using a Sheena Douglas stamp. I hope that you will pop back tomorrow and have a look. Until then..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment