Sunday 7 September 2014

DT post


Hi everyone - hope you have all had a good week & weekend. It's a sign the kids have gone back to school - the sun comes out!
Julie sent me some new stamps to play with for this month's DT work.
At the moment I am slightly obsessed with making ATC's ( artist trading cards). These are small pieces of art that you swap with people. Recently I have sent ATC's to Minnesota, USA, France and Scotland - it's great getting crafty post from far away & seeing other peolple's take on the theme.
The cards are 3.5 x 2.5 inches and are addictive once you get into them.
One of the challenges this month is to use teddy bears, so when the new stamps dropped through the post I knew what I was going to do!
The background is a Papermania 6x6 Urban stamp. 
I stamped it onto white paper using black Archival ink, adhered this to my card ATC then inked around the edges using frayed burlap Distress Ink.
The teddy & paint splats are Daisy & Dandelion clear stamps - Squeak goes decorating! 
I stamped Squeak using frayed burlap DI, coloured him in using watercolour pencils. I stamped the splats onto the background using spiced marmalade DI.
I cut Squeak out, went around his edges with frayed burlap DI & adhered him onto the ATC .
Hope you like him!
Thanks for taking the time to look,
Bev xx


No comments:

Post a Comment