Monday 29 September 2014

Blossom. Design team makes.


Hello everyone...Genny here. For this weeks makes I thought that I would have a play with one stamp, similar embellishments and just share how two different cards can be make. And then as a bonus, using the waste paper to make a backing for yet another card. The stamp that I have used is from Sheena Douglas and features the blossom on a branch. Now for a start you could make it whatever colour that you wanted but I chose to make it using pink shades. I stamped with memento ink and coloured with my copics. I cut out the stamped image into an oval and mounted it onto some gold mirri. I edged this with peeloffs. Both cards that I made are an 8x8 card, with a pink background card onto which I mounted some backing papers from my stash..one pink and one green with pink flowers. They both have the same flowers at the side as an embellishment.


On one of the cards I have decorated with pearl swirls and on the other I have used green foliage diecuts from my stash. Both cards are embellished with a strip of lace. But as you can see they are very different cards in their makeup. I often do this with stamped images..stamp out 2 of the same design and try to make 2 cards that are similar yet different. Then on the card below I have used the waste paper from the two to make a striped background for yet another card. I had a topper of Boofle

which I had decoupaged ready to use, but hadn't decided where to use. Then I created this background and decided that it would be a great background for him. I have yet to put the greeting on the card but I'm thinking it would make a great 'Oh no I forgot your birthday' card. No matter how organised we think we are we all forget the odd one and this would be a great standby card.
Well I hope you all have a fantastic week and have some great crafting days. So until next time take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment