Sunday 5 October 2014

DT post


Hi Bev here with another DT project. Hope you have all had a good week.
Julie was kind enough to send me some lovely new goodies from her shop - Crafter's Companion stamps, Adorables Cute Companions designed by Jayne Nestorenko & some lovely papers from Craftwork cards - The Magic of Christmas mini paper pad designed by Steph Davies.
I am really into making these box - type cards at the moment. They are really easy to make & fold flat so good for posting.
I made my card from white card - the details of how to make this card can be found on my blog here.
I then stamped the images onto white card using black Archival - I wanted to make the signpost be behind the child & reindeer so made a mask of them, placed this over my image & stamped the signpost.
I coloured the images using watercolour pencils. I cut the image out & decided which die cut to use for it, cut this out using my Grand Calibur.
Stamped the small letter image onto white card, coloured in & cut out. Made a small cut on the child's hand ( OO! that sounded bad!) and placed the letter into the cut so it looked as if the child is holding it.
Stamped the sentiments onto white card using black Archival ink & die cut them using a circle & tag die.
I chose a paper to match my image & colours, then covered the box card with it.
Arranged all my elements onto the card to see where they looked best then adhered using foam pads.
I went around various places with my waterfall Stickles, made a bow from some white ribbon & placed that on the box part of the card.
Placed some gems at various places, coloured a couple red with a Promarker, as on the paper the reindeer has red baubles hanging from his antlers.


Here are a couple more photo's - one to show the side of the card showing the box part & a close up of the stamped image showing the lovely detail on the stamp & I think the glitter shows up a little more on this photo.
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

No comments:

Post a Comment