Monday 13 October 2014

Margaret Tarrant Paper Pad..Design team post


Hello everyone....Genny here. I'm so lucky to be able to blog today because I've just spent the morning without electric. Of course it all makes perfect sense when we have no wind or rain to cause a problem!...but thank goodness we're now back on. For this weeks design team makes, I'm featuring again the wonderful paper pad from Joanna Sheen. It features the magical and evocative art work of Margaret Tarrant. My first card has got to be one of my favourites.I just love this image of the little girl holding a rabbit. In my stash I found a backing paper that featured snowflakes and was pink...so I thought it was ideal for the project. The image itself is decoupaged with just one layer but manages to give it a lovely dimension. The greeting is on the sheet..so the only thing I added were some snowflakes that have a pinky shimmer.


This second card features this little pixie sitting on a mushroom.I found some tartan background paper and added a holly leaf die cut and some red jewels. This paper pad is just such good value for money. Each image is repeated so you could make a card and still have another image to do something else with. I intend to frame some of the images...I love them so much...they remind me of images in my childhood books.

My final card is the one featuring the robin sheltering the pixies under it's wings. I decorated this card with some die cut snowflakes and jewels. The cards I have used are 5x7...which is a good size to use if you have to post a lot of cards, as they take a regular stamp. A lot of my customers are requesting the smaller cards for posting and the larger ones for friends and family that they can hand deliver. The good thing with the images on this paper pad is that you can use them on any size card and still make a wonderful card.


I hope that you will consider buying this pad..the images are fantastic and the pad itself is great value for money considering just how many images you get.Julie, here at JB-Crafting Supplies has a range of paper pads available at the shop and they are all of the same quality and offer a wide range of different images. Well worth adding to your crafting stash. Well, I hope that the weather is kind to you all....so until next week..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment