Sunday 26 October 2014

Crafter's Companion DT post


Hi everyone!
For this weeks make with the lovely Crafter's Companion stamps - Adorable Cute Companions - sent to me by Julie, I decided to make a tealight holder.
I had an empty jar (well empty-ish!) & some spare napkins.
I wasn't sure if what I had in mind would work, but hey if you don't try you won't know!
I first carefully parted the layers of the napkin, I only needed one layer with nothing on it. Then I stamped onto the napkin layer with the stamps, using black Archival ink.
My jar isn't round - it has 4 sides, so I stamped 4 images. I tore around carefully around the images leaving a border. Next was the part I was unsure of as I thought the ink may bleed. I covered one side of the jar with some Decou-Page medium and carefully applied a tissue image, going over the image with the medium once I had it in place - RESULT! no bleeding so I repeated this on the other 3 sides of the jar.
I left this to dry for a while. Then came the next part I was unsure of - would I be able to colour the images? I used my watercolour pencils & they worked a treat.
At the top of the jar I applied some gilding flakes.
Once I was sure it was all dry I applied some glitter in various places using Stckles.
Added some sparkly ribbon around the top & a rechargeable tealight inside.
Here are the other sides of the jar. Hopefully you can see a bit of the sparkle I added.



I'm really pleased with how this has turned out.
Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by.
Bev xx





No comments:

Post a Comment