Monday 15 September 2014

Design Team Makes



Hello everyone..Genny here. At least today I had remembered to make cards..lol.For this month I'm working with stamps and seeing what different type of cards I can make. My first featured stamp is this lovely bough from Sheena Douglas...Seasons branches from her A Little bit Sketchy range. I really like these stamps and have to say that they are a joy to use. For my first card I stamped the design and the sentiment and cut them out using my deckle scissors.I then mounted them onto some burgundy card. I edged the card and the image with a gold pen.As with all the other images today, I coloured my stamped images with my copics. My first card is a very simple one. I thought it would be nice to follow a stream of thought...so as I said the first one is simple, so the next I thought I would make taking a step up




This card I stamped and coloured in exactly the same way but mounted the image and the sentiment onto burgundy card after using my distress ink (barn door) around the edges. I then mounted that onto some white card which had also been mounted onto some more of the burgundy, with a piece of burgundy lace across the card. I finally added the burgundy flower from my stash.
As I made this card, I started thinking about making christmas cards. I looked at this image and thought that perhaps I could turn it into a christmas card..perhaps some snow and frost (paint and glitter to us crafters..lol). Well that got me thinking even more and in the stamp collection that Julie had posted to me there was a sheet of fabulous christmas stamps...so I thought that while I was in the festive mood I would make my first christmas card. I'm very late starting this year but I have faith that I will manage it. So for next week I will be turning this Sheena stamp into a christmas card but for this week I made the card below



This stamp is one of 11 stamps on a sheet called The Elite Collection 2008. On the sheet there are some timeless christmas images including 2 sets of christmas corners. They are all classic images of holly, lanterns and this large image featuring the christmas bells. I stamped the image out twice so I could decoupage the bells. I coloured the image and cut out and coloured the second set of bells. I used pinflair gluegel to add the second set, having given them a little shape. Next week I will be featuring this image again but altered to make a totally different card. I think that is one of the reasons that I love stamping so much..you can change the look of a stamp in many ways...making them useful year in year out. I have one stamp that I use every year and it never looks the same every year.

Thankyou so much for stopping by and Julie has a wonderful selection of stamps and embellishments available..well worth a look. So until next time ..take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment