Sunday 23 November 2014

DT Post using Magic of Christmas papers




















Hi everyone - thanks for stopping by.
For this weeks make I decided to make an Advent calendar & thought that the lovely Magic of Christmas paper pad that Julie sent me would be ideal to cover it.
I used a die to cut out my matchboxes from card, but you could buy matchboxes to do this.Once I had made the matchboxes I covered the front of each box with some of the Magic of Christmas paper.
Once this was done I arranged the boxes as you can see in the photo's. I ended up with 2 parts, each with 12 boxes. I stuck each part of 12 boxes onto a piece of  card, this holds them together.
I adhered pieces of the paper pad onto the sides of the matchboxes. I inked around the edges using barn door Distress Ink, then went around with gold Rub 'n' Buff.
I placed brads on each 'drawer' to use as handles.
I stamped a number onto the each 'drawer' using Versa Mark ink pad, then used gold embossing powder.
To make the base & top I cut out pieces of thicker card, a little larger than the boxes. I covered these with some of the papers & edged with the gold Rub 'n' Buff.
Adhered the top section to the bottom section, added the base & top, making sure they were central.
Made a box for the top, covered with the papers. Edged with barn door DI & gold Rub 'n' Buff. Adhered this to the top of my Advent calendar - all that is needed now is to fill each drawer with some treats!
I enjoyed making this project & hope it inspires you to have a go.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx


No comments:

Post a Comment