Sunday 30 November 2014

DT post using Joanna Sheen stamps


Hi everyone Bev here with another DT post. Hope you've had a good week - I've been dog sitting for my son, James. Poppy  has been here most of this week. She has to 'help' with & inspect my makes!

Julie has sent me some lovely stamps this week - Joanna Sheen's Favourite Flowers Collection - candle.
I don't know why but these stamps just shouted 'brown paper' to me - I think to give them a vintage feel.
I stamped the main image onto the brown paper using black Archival ink. Coloured in using Inktense pencils. Ripped carefully around the image & applied frayed burlap Distress Ink to the ripped edges. This made the edges curl up, which I thought looked good, adding to the vintage feel. I applied the DI sparingly around the image.
Stamped the sentiment, using black Archival, onto brown paper. Ripped carefully around the edges & applied the frayed burlap DI to them.
I had a red card in my stash, applied some gold Rub'n'Buff around the edges.
Adhered the sentiment to some red ribbon & adhered this to the card.
This is a lovely image, would work well with any medium.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev & Poppy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment