Monday 29 December 2014

DT post using Stapendous stamp


Hi everyone! Bev here with this week's DT post. Hope you all had a great Christmas & are ready to welcome in the new year - 2015 - cant believe it!
Totally forgot it was Sunday yesterday so am a day late with my post.
Looking at the Stampendous stamp - teacup cupcake - I thought it would make a cute thank you card. I have a few of those to send so got straight onto it.
I folded some white card in half - slightly larger than the stamp. I inked the stamp with some black Versamark ink & positioned the stamp so that a small part overlapped the fold of the card. I stamped the cream, rose & leaves again, then the rose & leaves & lastly the rose - all to be used as decoupage.
I carefully cut around the images. On the main image I made sure to straighten off the botto of the saucer so the card would stand up.
Next came the colouring using watercolour pencils. Once that was done I layered up the decoupage pieces with foam pads.
I found a cut little 'Thank You' from the Joanna Sheen paper pad that Julie also sent me. Adhered this just under the rose.
I think it makes a lovely 'Thank You' card & I'm sure whoever receives it will love it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs & Happy New Year!
Bev xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment