Sunday 11 January 2015

Dt Post using Stampendous stamp & doilies


Hi everyone! Bev here with this week's DT piece.
I have used the lovely Stampendous stamp - teacup cupcake. I had some doilies & thought that these together with the stamp would make a lovely wall hanging.
I cut the middle from a white doily 7 stamped the image onto this using black Versamark ink. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils - being careful not to tear the doily.
I adhered this to a pink doily - it was a lot larger  so I cut it down so as to make a smaller border.
I used the outer edge of the doily I had cut the centre from to make another border. This doily had some roses & leaves in the pattern so I coloured these using the pencils, to match the image.
I found yet another doily & placed this behind as a base.
Cut a circle of card, adhered this to the back just to give the hanging some strength.
Added some ribbon to hang it with & stamped the sentiment onto white card. Arranged the words around the image.
I hope you like this week's make & it inspires you to have a go!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

No comments:

Post a Comment