Monday 5 January 2015

Design team makes using a Stampendous stamp


Hello everyone..Genny here. First things first..I would like to wish you all a happy new year and hope that you all had a fabulous christmas.For my first make of the new year I decided to make a little piece of art for my kitchen wall. I had a small piece of canvas board and painted it with acrylic paint..Buttermilk and then I edged the board with some burgundy acrylic. I then stamped the image 5 times. The image is from the Stampendous range and is called Cling teapot Posies. I stamped the image using my memento inkpad and coloured the pieces I wanted using my copics. I kept one whole image and cut 4 pieces using just the roses. I mounted the four groups of roses in the corners of the board, having cut off the rosebuds to space them on the sides. I then added the whole image at the base of the board. I then added the little quote at the top. The only thing that I have left to do is to use a spray varnish to cover all the board.


While I was playing creating the board, I looked at the image and decided that it would be perfect to use for my thankyou cards. I used an embossing folder by Crafters Companion which featured roses and thought it would be perfect to use as a background on the card. I have to admit to the fact that I couldn't decide whether to use the pink or the cream..so in the end I used both. I cut 4 squares and added them to the card and then mounted the image onto some pearlescent card. I edged the squares with a pink glittery peeloff.
  I haven't decided whether or not to add a peeloff greeting.I would like to say just what a pleasure it is to use this stamp...it's so easy to use and stamps perfectly every time. Over the years I must have tried hundreds of different brands and some I have to say have been a pain. Every stampendous stamp I have ever used has been a joy. Lovely detail and a cleanly stamped image every time. I know that Julie has a fabulous range in the shop   and they are well worth a look. I have ordered quite a number for my crafting in this new year. I have to admit that there are a lot of cat images which I just have to have..lol.


If there is anything else that you would like to know about the work that I do for Julie..please do not hesitate to get in touch. I love to share the work I do. So until next time..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment