Monday 16 February 2015

Design team makes



Hello everyone ...Genny here. For todays design team makes I have used a paper pad called Perfect Prints..Blue Dawn. I really loved the papers in this pad and wanted to share with you different ways of using them. For my first make , I have created this little wall hanging for the bathroom. The paper pad has 6 different styles of paper, 5 of each design, and they all tone beautifully. The one paper is covered in dragonflies and it was this one that gave me the initial idea. Over the years I have collected little quotes and have always wondered what to do with them.Well this year I've decided to make little wall hangings for my home. To make the wall hanging. I took a small canvas and covered it with two of the papers, one being the one featuring the dragonflies. I then wrote the quote onto some card and then mounted the saying onto some rainbow holographic. I took some of the same card and mounted some peeloff dragonflies onto it. I cut them out and mounted them onto the canvas. I like the rainbow holographic because the colours change depending on the light.

For my second make, I looked at one of the papers and thought that it had a chinese feel to it, so I decided to use one of my chinese inspired peeloffs to form the focal point on the card. I mounted the paper onto some dark blue card and then put that onto the base card.I stuck the peeloff to some white card andthen coloured it with my copics. I then cut it out and fixed it onto the card. I then took some flower shapes and coloured them to match. I tried to stay within the same colour palate as the colours used in the background paper.


I find it a good idea to have a go with different papers, using them as the starting point for a card..instead of having an image and finding paper to match that image. It's just a different way of looking at your stash and using it in a different way. On days when my mojo has gone off on a trip, I need to do something different and I always find myself looking through my stash and finding a paper that I love and make a card paper led instead of image led. I hope that you all have a great wee..so until next time..take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment