Sunday 1 February 2015

DT post


Hi everyone - hope you are all well & didn't get too disrupted by the snow.
For this weeks DT project I decided to make a pin cushion using the Stampendous Teacup Cupcake stamp.
I found some lining material & cut myself a piece large enough for the stamp & with a bi extra for seam allowance.
I inked up the stamp using black Stazon ink & stamped this onto the material. It didn't come out very black, as you can see on the cupcake wrapper on the photo.
I coloured the image using Sharpie pens.
I decided that the main image needed outlining so I sewed around it using some black thread - I didn't go over the wrapper though as I thought this would look too much.
Once I had done the outlining I drew a circle around the image, cut another piece of material for the backing.
I wanted to use the pincushion on  my wrist so I found some elastic to attach to it.
I placed the piece with the image face down onto the backing piece, with the elastic across the middle between the two pieces. I pinned these together  where the elastic was to hold everything in place.
I sewed all around the edge of the circle, leaving a small gap to enable me to turn the piece the right way out.
I snipped around the seam - hopefully to give it a more smooth look.
Turned the piece the right way out, inserted some stuffing then sewed the gap up.
On my wrist when I'm sewing - just to remind me to stop for tea & cake!
I thought it would look good in a proper teacup & saucer as well - might have to have a look around the charity shops next week!
Here it is on my wrist - have managed to crop my gnarly old hand out of the pic! Didn't want to frighten anyone!


Have a good week, thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

No comments:

Post a Comment