Sunday 29 June 2014

DT post using Crafter's Companion Vintage Floral






Hi everyone - I have been trawling through YouTube this week looking at various techniques & I came across a technique to make a paper dress. I thought this would suit the vintage papers on the Crafter's Companion CD.
I found a design paper I liked & printed it off at A5 size. Followed the instructions for the dress - which were really good. I inked around the dress edges using tattered lace Distress Ink.
I picked out a co-ordinating paper & matted this onto some white card, inking around the edges of the card with tattered lace.
I cut a small strip of the co-ordinating paper to make a belt for the dress. Adhered some tiny pearls onto the bodice. Attached the dress to the card.
Stamped the Crafter's Companion sentiment onto white card, matted this onto the co-ordinating paper then onto more white card. Inked around the edges. Adhered this to the card.
I think it turned out ok - the papers really suit what I was trying to achieve.
Hope you haven't got too wet this weekend - still an excuse to stay in and craft (as if we need one!).
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev x

No comments:

Post a Comment