Monday 30 June 2014

Vintage wallpaper card! (Dt post)

Hey y'all,

 
Sorry I haven't been around for a little while but has anyone seen my mojo? I don't know about you but it seems as though my brain only has room for one interest at a time and recently Ive been spending time working on my own digital work.

Speaking of digital though, Ive tried yet another new thing! I received the Crafters Companion Vintage Floral cd and it sure does have some gorgeous goodies in there. As I was looking at all the paper designs I was reminded of vintage wallpaper so I used that as a starting point for my card.

I printed out several different patterns of paper, and tore and layered them onto my card as if it was a wall of wallpaper that had been covered over and over. I distressed the edges and made them curl up a tiny bit as I wanted them to look as if they were aging and the glue wasn't holding anymore. I also used some of the excess paper to cut some flowers and butterflies which I adhered to my 'wall' and then went over with more vintage photo distress ink. I printing out some vintage ephemera and used an old clock which I also accented with glossy accents so that it looked as if the hands were 3d. I created a rose with the flowers I had cut out and distressed that and 2 other premade ones which I also adhered to the card with my hot glue gun.

After most of my paper bits were distressed and glued down, I used a metal frame and stamped my sentiment from the coordinating Vintage floral - phrases stamp set which I then 'mounted' to the card and covered with my frame and covered with glossy accents. A few more glossy accents here and there and I was nearly done.

To finish off the whole piece I wanted to add a bit of gold to my card. I used a flourish stamp which I stamped on both corners of the card and heat embossed with fine gold embossing powder.  My card wasn't 100% dry as I found out but I actually liked the gold flecks that stuck to the edges and to the flowers.

I hope you like the finished result!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment