Wednesday 18 June 2014

Happy times (dt post)

Good Morning everyone!

Last week I received a gorgeous floral embossing folder and sentiments from the Crafters Companion Vintage Floral Collection. Ive not had a 6x6 embossing folder before so I was definitely excited to use this! Unfortunately I have been a bit poorly this week so attempting something new might not have been the best idea for me :P.


I had these Tim Holtz diffusers in my stash for a while and had yet to use them so I thought they would work great with the Flower Garden embossing folder. I had to take a couple of goes to get it straight and in the end I still didn't and had to cut it down but with a little masking tape I got it close enough. I used the oval diffuser and ran it through my big shot with some pearlescent card. I was quite pleased with the effect though I decided to take it further.

I have some pots of glitter which have been sitting on my desk for a little while and I thought I would see if I could 'glitterize' the embossed areas of this card. Now if you attempt this please be sure to prep your cardstock thoroughly with baby powder or similar so that your results come out much cleaner than mine.

I ran my embossing ink over the embossed areas and poured heat and stick embossing powder over top. Once I had melted that, I covered my card in purple glitter and pressed it in. As you can see I did not achieve a very clean result as my glitter was so fine, it stuck to everything! I used a dry paint brush to remove as much of the excess as I could but was still left with a bit of a mess.

Even so, I decided to continue and used the blank space in the middle for my sentiment. I am using Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp set - Vintage Floral - Phrases. I believe this stamp set coordinates with the Vintage Floral collections but don't quote me on that!

I stamped my sentiment in the centre but with my very large open space it looked very lonesome so I sketched in a vintage vine frame around it with a fine line black felt pen. I mounted my embossed piece onto a piece of black cardstock which I then stuck to my 6x6 card base with foam adhesive.

Even if the finished result isn't as pristine as I would have liked, I like the idea that came out of this and may give this card another go with a few adjustments.

I hope you like this card and be sure to check back next week for more vintage goodness!

Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment