Monday 30 June 2014

Halcyan Days from Crafters Companion

Hello everyone...Genny here. I'm still having a wonderful time playing with the fabulous Halcyan Days cdrom brought to us by Crafters Companion. My first card is using remnants from other cards that I have made. The background paper I have made into a piece of crazy patchwork using scraps of papers I had left and have just added a small running stitch effect with a black pen. I have mounted this and the hare topper onto some burgundy card and then added a ribbon. I just love making this type of background..and it is really made using just scraps that you would normally throw away.          
This card is one of the quick cards that form one very small part of the cd. It is all ready to print out and layer up. All I have added is a peeloff. Sometimes we have time to play and can take our time but sometimes we need a card quickly...these cards are always handy for one such moment. Not just for a birthday but just a card to say hello..how are you. With so much mail now just being bills and junk mail...it's always so nice just to receive a card.
These last two cards are of the same type..really easy to make..yet really pretty. I love the image of the ice cream van...doesn't it make you think of being a child and the treat it was to have a 99. Can't you hear the music playing ? It makes me think of sunny days and sand between my toes...bucket and spade in hand. Or the village show...waiting to know how your onions faired in the vegetable show...the fantastic cake stall..the bric a brac stall with that one piece of china that you want to buy.
This last card is another quick card..but how nice to send to a friend...it says where there's tea there's hope..and isn't that the case. How many problems seem so much smaller when shared with a friend over a good cup of tea.
Well I hope you enjoyed this weeks cards and will consider buying this cd. I'm still playing...so will have more to share next time. Until then take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment