Wednesday 4 June 2014

Write soon (dt post)

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I thought last week that I wouldn't have anymore to show you with this lovely stash I have but it seems that inspiration comes unexpectedly! I really wanted to use the pen nibs from Indigo Blu 'Take the Time' stamp set but I had the hardest time thinking of something. I was inspired by the vintage look of this Graphic45 paper (French Country Collection) and the writing hand stamp as well. I was also lucky enough to have a small script stamp in my stash that complimented this set perfectly.

I cut my patterned paper with my tag die and adhered it to my tag. I then inked the edges with a bit of walnut stain and vintage photo distress ink. I then stamped my pen nibs down the side of the tag with embossing ink and then heat embossed with some antique copper, gold and silver embossing powder.

I stamped my script stamp onto a sheet of white cardstock which I then inked up with old paper distress ink, then I tore and scrunched it up and inked over it again with the same old paper ink and vintage photo distress ink.

I created a small envelope (measurements were not exact at all and it took a lot of trial and error. I suggest googling how to make a tiny envelope if you want to try this) and aged it with the same inks. I wanted it to have a wax seal but unfortunately I don't actually have any wax in my crafty stash so I had to improvise. I used the faux metal technique and heat embossed my gold embossing powder several times into a small puddle. When I had a good thickness of embossing, I quickly stamped a button into the still hot powder to leave a sort of emblem impression.

I also stamped my writing hand stamp and the 'write soon' stamp onto white card. I coloured in the hand and aged the sentiment.

Now that I have all of my pieces stamped out I arranged them all on my tag. To fill in spaces and finish off the look, I added some flowers, a metal embellishment and some vintage cream lace. I am not entirely happy with the lace at the bottom but perhaps at some point I will find a way to fix that. Even so, I do like the aged look of this tag, and I hope you do as well!
 
Happy Crafting!
 
Sam

1 comment: