Wednesday 2 July 2014

Clean and simple (dt post)

Good morning!

Ive been running around like crazy this week trying to do all the things that have managed to sneak onto my to do list. Does being sick knock you off your schedule like it does me? It definitely has since last week when my whole family decided it was good to share :/.

Anyway as I was finishing up work late last night I actually remembered what day it was! So I had a quick rummage in my brain for some simple and easy inspiration and I decided to use one of the digi stamps provided to me this month from the crafters companion vintage floral cd.

I love these simple little buds so I used one of my favourite colour combinations and attempted some watercolouring on this lovely image.

Unfortunately, my printer will not take my thicker water colour paper so I had to make due with my regular cardstock so sadly the colours did not blend quite as I had hoped. Even so, I managed to pull out a result I was happy with. I used squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and fired brick distress inks with a waterbrush for my buds and shabby shutters and peeled paint distress pen for the leaves and stems. I also used my gold shimmer water for blending. It gives the finished image a gorgeous gold shimmer.

Once I had coloured the entire image, I fussy cut around it, being extra careful with the thin stems, and played with the placement on my 5x7 card. I thought it needed something else to give a little more interest to the card so I decided to do some drawing and a little faux stitching. I did a little scan of my craft room and found something circular that was about the size I needed. I traced around it with pencil and then removed the object and traced the pencil with a black felt pen. I then added my faux stitching around that. I glued my cut out over the circle, rounded the corners of my card with my corner rounder and the did another line following the edge of the card. I used a sentiment from the crafters companion sentimentals - phrases set and stamped it off to the side with archival black ink. Unfortunately I wasn't as straight as I had hoped but it works.

I hope you like my simple card and give it a try yourself! You don't need a lot of fancy stuff on a card to make it work ;). Especially at 1 in the morning!

Have a crafty day!

Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment