Monday 7 July 2014

Halcyan Days from Crafters Companion

 Good Afternoon everyone...Genny here. I'm here again to share some inspiration from the beautiful Halcyan Days cdrom brought to us by the great team over at Crafters Companion. The cards I have made for today are both 8x8 cards..just to show that any size is possible with this cd. I thought it would be nice for you to see the detail so for both cards I have taken a close up on the main image.

The art work is done by the very talented Abigail Mill. n all her creations there are layers of lace, organza and cotton, with the detail given by the use of freehand machine embroidery. Each is a work of art in it's own right. For the cards all I have done is mount the image onto atoning card and just added some freehand doodling. Again it is a case of a simple card that gives a large impact.Just what we need sometimes.


I just love this image with the birds on it. To me it seems a very happy image that makes me smile. Such pretty fabrics have been used...it makes me want to blow the cobwebs off my sewing machine..and I know that Julie has some fantastic materials in stock. I have never been so taken with a cd. There is something so tranquil and relaxed about the images...perfect for summer crafting.


I am also working on a couple of cards which I will share with you later in the week.On this cd there is so much..alphabets, borders, toppers and sentiments. On my next cards I will be using the sentiments and scraps of paper left over from all my projects..just to show you how to make your crafting stash go a little further. So until then..take care and happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment