Wednesday 9 July 2014

Live the life (DT post)

Good evening crafters!

I am tapping into my inner teenager with todays card using Crafters Companion Vintage floral cd.

I loved the post card selection in this collection and I really wanted to do something with them. I had a thought that I would put them together as if I was decorating a scrapbook page from a trip I had taken. It actually reminded me of when I went to Paris with my husband and it was a dream. Way to short but I loved it. So the sentiment I chose to go with it, 'live the life you dreamed', sort of when along with the feeling I had with this card.

I printed out my elements including the post cards, and the ribbon border and bows and cut them out without a border.

I using tim holtz vintage photo distress ink to make my card base match the vintage look I was going for with the post cards and I used a script stamp which I randomly stamped on the background for some texture. The fact that the script was in French was just an added bonus and went quite nicely with my theme. Unfortunately its not that visible in the photos.

Once I had finished my base I started assembling my elements. I layered them all up using different thicknesses of foam adhesive. I had the clock and the rose left over from my previous project so I added those in to give a more dimension to these flat pieces. I also distressed the edges of my postcards a little so that the white from the paper underneath wouldn't be noticeable.
 

I decided that my bow looked a little flat as well so I added some white gel pen in the highlighted areas to make it pop more.

I finished it off with my sentiment at the bottom and voila!

I have included 2 photos with different editing because in the end I think the vintage editing of the second looked quite nice with a card like this.


Happy crafting!!
-Sam


1 comment: