Wednesday 16 July 2014

Digi bird (DT post)

Good morning all,

I felt in a colouring mood with this card. I used a bird digi from the Crafters Companion CD vintage floral collection.

I have been neglecting my inks and colours lately so I wanted to do a little bit of that here. So I printed out the bird and used the very few coloured pencils I have to give this bird quite a colourful look. I blended together reds, browns and yellows for one part, then blues, greens and yellows for the other. Once I had finished with the colouring I used my white gel pen to add a few highlights to my bird and then cut it out leaving a small border around the whole thing.

I used a large background stamp of a tree which I thought would go nicely to compliment my colourful bird. Because I used so much colour with the digi, I decided to keep the base card white and black. So I did all of my stamping with black ink and then the borders with a black fine felt tip pen. I stamped a sentiment from the corresponding crafters companion vintage floral sentimentals stamp set onto a strip of card. I cut the ends at an angle for one and with the 'v' on the other end to look like a ribbon. I had stamped my sentiment with black archival ink so that I could do a bit of watercolouring to compliment the colours in my bird. I then outlined my 'ribbon' and then stuck all the elements on to the card. I tried to position the bird as though it had its feet resting on one of the branches.

I hope you like the final result! I really love how the colours pop on this white and black card.

Happy Crafting!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment